1. How can I become a lacrosse coach?
Lacrosse associations across Canada are constantly looking for responsible and enthusiastic individuals to coach. Click here for more information.
2. I’ve heard lacrosse helps improve hockey skills. Is this true?
Yes, lacrosse builds leadership and teamwork skills. It also improves stick-handling abilities, hand-eye coordination, and the ability to strategize in play.
3. Can you name one professional hockey player that played lacrosse?
How about 6? Joe Nieuwendyk, Paul Kariya, Brendan Shanahan, Adam Oates, Gary Roberts and Wayne Gretzky all played lacrosse.
4. Are there any lacrosse activities I can do at home with my child?
We have a number of simple and fun activities you can do with your child at home to improve his or her lacrosse skills. Please click here for more information.
5. Is the Lacrosse FITS program safe?
Yes, Lacrosse FITS is a non-contact version of the sport that allows athletes to develop the skills of lacrosse in a safe and fun environment.
6. Does Lacrosse FITS require expensive equipment?
Lacrosse is a sport that traditionally requires a significant amount of protective equipment. Lacrosse FITS does not. Lacrosse FITS is a very affordable program that focuses on developing skills in a safe environment that does not include aggressive contact.
Should you have any additional questions or comments about the sport of lacrosse or the Lacrosse FITS training program, please visit our General FAQ page or contact us.